Who is Adam Vacon?
Adam is a registered holistic nutritionist and certified personal trainer. He is passionate about helping people enhance their health in a whole and complete way. Adam is a personal nutrition coach to a wide variety of people, an avid wellness speaker and provides in-home personal training.
The Early Years
Adam’s health wasn’t always in an optimal state. As a child and teen, he struggled with his weight, particularly when stressed. In university, he relied on "energy drinks" to provide him with energy, which proved to do quite the opposite in the long run. It wasn’t until Adam discovered his passion for nutrition and fitness that he was able to achieve high levels of energy and maintain a healthy body weight.
Adventures & Accomplishments
- Achieved a Bachelor's degree in psychology from McMaster University in 2009.
- Concurrently worked with adults with developmental disabilities and mental health issues in residential and leisure settings.
- After graduating, his adventures took him on the proverbial backpacking trip through Europe in the summer of the same year.
- The following year, he ventured to Korea teaching English to school children from kindergarten to middle school.
- Upon his return, his passion for health and wellness grew stronger while attending the Institute of Holistic Nutrition earning his Certified Nutritional Practitioner (CNP) designation.
- He completed his internship with Joy McCarthy of Joyous Health assisting her with many projects, including research for TV segments, presentation writing and public speaking.
- While getting his health on, he earned his Can-Fit Pro designation as a Personal Training Specialist.
- Strengthening his credentials, he become a Registered Nutritional Consulting Practitioner (RNCP) with the International Organization of Consulting Practitioners (IONC).
- Blogging at adamvacon.com about all sorts of nutrition, fitness, and wellness topics.
- Consulting a variety of clients and supporting their nutrition, fitness and health goals.
- Creating custom health blueprints for his clients.
- Public speaking on health and wellness topics for corporate and school environments.
- Providing onsite personal training bringing fitness to my clients' doorstep.
- Working with Joy McCarthy of Joyous Health at her acclaimed Eat Well Feel Well yoga and nutrition classes.
- Working part-time with kids with multiple disabilities and complex medical needs at the Safehaven Project for Community Living.
- Actively promoting health and wellness amongst colleagues and improving the nutrition of the kids he supports.
- Working with the Salvation Army Lawson Ministries supporting individuals with developmental disabilities and improving their health with nutrition.